Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of Sleaford Navigation: Was a 12.25 mile, 7 lock, river navigation from Sleaford to the River Witham, via Kyme Eau.
History of Sleaford Navigation: Authorised by an Act of 1792, opened for navigation in 1794, no commercial traffic by 1878, Act of abandonment passed in 1881 but much of it navigable until the 1940s.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of Sleaford Navigation