Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of River Ivel: An improved river navigation at one time extending 13 miles to Shefford, the last 3 miles being by a canal extension of the navigation.
History of River Ivel: Navigation improvements authorised by an Act of 1757, completed to Biggleswade (7 miles) in 1758, extended to Shefford in 1823, closed 1876.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of River Ivel