Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of Trewyddfa Canal: A 1 mile 3 furlong canal from Landore to Fforest copper works near Swansea, Owned by the Duke of Beaufort but forming part of the Swansea Canal main line. It incorporated the earlier Morris's Canal.
History of Trewyddfa Canal: Authorised by the Swansea Canal Act of 1794, opened in 1796, bought by the Great Western Railway in 1873 at the same time as they acquired the Swansea Canal.
For more details see the History page.
Waterway Group: This waterway is part of the Swansea Canal
Subordinate Waterways of Trewyddfa Canal
Related Books of Trewyddfa Canal