Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of St. Columb Canal: Intended as a 13 mile tub-boat canal from the sea at Mawgan Porth inland to Columb Major then back to the sea at Lower St. Columb Porth. Two lengths of 4.5 and 2 miles with inclined planes were built.
History of St. Columb Canal: Authorised by an Act of 1773, opened between 1777 and 1779, closed about 1781.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of St. Columb Canal