Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of Par Canal: Was a 1 mile 7 furlong canal with 3 locks from a tramroad at Pontsmill to Par harbour, in St Austell Bay, Cornwall.
History of Par Canal: Opened in 1847 for the carriage of tin, lead ore and china clay transhipped in containers onto boats from a tramway. Closed in 1873.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of Par Canal