Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of Nottingham Canal: Originally a 14.75 mile broad canal from Langley Mill, on the Erewash Canal, to Nottingham, on the Trent Navigation. Abandoned and mostly un-navigable.
History of Nottingham Canal: Promoted under an Act of 1792, opened in 1796, abandoned in 1937 except for the section from the Trent to Beeston Cut which is now part of the River Trent Navigation.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of Nottingham Canal