Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
Description of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads: Over 200 miles of broads and rivers under the supervision of The Broads Authority.
History of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads: Promoted by Acts of 1670, 1722, 1747, 1772, 1773, 1827, 1866, 1907 and 1963.
For more details see the History page.
Subordinate Waterways of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
Navigation Authority: : Broads Authority, Dragonfly House 2 Gilders Way Norwich NR3 1UB
: Telephone 01603 610734 : Fax 01603 756069 : Email email@example.com :
The Swan Inn at Horning.
Related Articles of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
Related Books of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
- Norfolk Broads and Rivers, or the Water-ways, Lagoons, & Decoys of East Anglia by G C Davies, Edition: New edition, 328 pages, Published by Blackwood, in 1884,
- The Handbook to the Rivers and Broads of Norfolk & Suffolk by G C Davies, Edition: 9th edition, 173 pages, Published by Jarrold Publishing, in 1887, Illustrations, adverts and folding map. This book ran to 18 editions by 1890..
- The Swan and Her Crew, or the Adventures of Three Young Naturalists & Sportsmen .. by G C Davies, Edition: 4th edition, 294 pages, Published by Frederick Warne & Co. Ltd., in 1890, Many natural history illustrations. The title continues "on the Broads & Rivers of Norfolk"..
- Summer in Broadland: Gypsying in East Anglian Waters by H M Doughty, Edition: 3rd edition, 136 pages, Published by Jarrold Publishing, in 1890, Account of a cruise on a converted wherry..
- A Guide to the Norfolk Broads by W A Dutt, Edition: 1st edition in this form, 218 pages, Published by Methuen London Ltd, in 1923, This is part 1 of "The Norfolk Broads". Includes illustrations, folding map and 8 full colour pictures..
- The Norfolk Broads by W A Dutt, Edition: 4th edition, 407 pages, Published by Methuen London Ltd, in 1930, The book is in two parts the first, being on the broads and rivers, is written by Dutt but the second part, on various broadland topics, is by local writers..
- The Norfolk Wherry, Its Construction, Evolution & History by G C Green, Edition: New edition, revised, 62 pages, Published by G R Reeve, in 1953, Includes a 12 page picture supplement..
- Black Sailed Traders by R Clark, Published by David & Charles, in 1972,
- Holiday Cruising on the Broads & Fens by Lewis A Edwards, ISBN: 0 7153 5511 2, Published by David & Charles, in 1972, Order now from .
- The Broads by E A Ellis, Published by Collins, in 1965,
- Broadland Sport by N Everitt, Published by R A Everitt, in 1902,
- Norfolk Broads Holiday Book by John May, Published by Hulton, in 1952,
- Portrait of Broadland by S A Manning, Published by Trent, in 1980,
- The Making of the Broads by S A Manning, Published by Royal Geographical Society, in 1960,
- The Broads by R H Mottram, Published by Trent, in 1952,
- The Land of the Broads by E R Suffling, Published by Benjamin Perry, in 1892,
- Norwich and the Broads by J Wentworth-Day, Published by Batsford, in 1953,
- Broadland Adventure by J Wentworth-Day, Published by Batsford, in 1953,
- Portrait of the Broads by J Wentworth-Day, Published by Country Life, in 1951,
- Norfolk Rivers and Harbours by Robert Simper, ISBN: 0 9519927 5 9, 90 pages, Published by Creekside Publishing, in 1996, Covers the history of the Broads illustrated by maps and 150 photographs.. Order now from .
- The Canals of Eastern England by John Boyes and Ronald Russell, ISBN: 0 7153 7415 X, 368 pages, Published by David & Charles, in 1977, Order now from .
- Hunter's Fleet by Richard Johnstone-Bryden, Edition: Softback, ISBN: 1 84280 074 4, 176 pages, Published by Nighthawk Publishing, in 2004, The story of the fleet of sailing vessels founded by Percy Hunter in 1932 and run as a family boat hire business until 1966.. Order now from .
- The Broads Waterways of Norfolk and Suffolk by Jon Gibbs, ISBN: 978-0-7112-2981-5, 128 pages, Published by Frances Lincoln, in 2009, A photographic journey through the rivers and broads.. Order now from .
Related videos of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
- Wash and Go Chris Coburn, 1 hour 36 minutes Produced by Imogen, Out of the Wash to the Broads, East coast rivers and stranded on IPSWICH WEIR! Real adventure stuff! Available on tape. Order on video tape from
Related External Web Sites of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
Other Related Pages of Norfolk and Suffolk Broads
Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.