Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of Forth & Cart Canal: Was a half-mile canal, with 3 locks, connecting the Forth & Clyde Canal to the River Clyde at a point opposite the River Cart, which could be navigated to Paisley.
History of Forth & Cart Canal: Authorised by an Act of 1836 and completed in 1840, transferred to the Forth & Clyde company in 1855 and closed in 1893.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of Forth & Cart Canal