Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of Cyfarthfa Canal: Was a two mile tub boat canal with no locks.
History of Cyfarthfa Canal: Built by Anthony Bacon to connect his iron works to the coal pits and opened in the late 1770s. Abandoned about 1836 No traces remain.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of Cyfarthfa Canal