Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description of Chard Canal: A 13.5-mile tub-boat canal, with inclined planes and 3 tunnels, from the Bridgewater and Taunton at Creech St. Michael to Chard.
History of Chard Canal: Authorised by an Act of 1834, open to Ilminster in 1841 and to Chard in 1842. Closed in 1868.
For more details see the History page.
Related Books of Chard Canal