Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description: Proposed to run from Crediton to Exe bridge but only about half a mile was built.
History: Proposed in 1792, authorised by an Act of 1801 and abandoned in 1818.
He surveyed a proposed line from Four Mills, Crediton, to the River Exe just below Exe Bridge.
Surveyed the line of the proposed navigation in preparation for the Bill to be presented to parliament.
Authorised by an Act.