Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description: A 0.75 mile cut, with one lock, from the River Thames below Eynsham to the road to Cassington.
History: The Duke of Marlborough's private cut started in 1800 and completed in 1814, both dates approximate. Disused about 1870.
This private cut of the Duke of Marlborough's started around 1800.
Opened about this date.
He was approached by the Duke of Marlborough's agent over the lack of repairs to the wharf following the Oxford Canal company's decision not to renew their lease on the canal and wharf.
Disused about this date.