Text and photographs copyright of Jim Shead.
Top 100 Sites
Description: A navigation that consisted of a stream and short cut from the River Hull.
History: Constructed about 1798 - 1800 by the Hotham family and used to transport coal. It had two pound locks taking craft of 40 feet by 8 feet 10 inches.
He reported to the drainage commissioners that the locks on the navigation had raised water levels and caused flooding.